Friday, April 18, 2008

Diary of a Compost Pile - April 18

Today I bring you another in the continuing series of diary entries by guest author Fertilemyrtle Rottenpile, the compost pile built during my Basic Compost Workshop. --- Eric

Dear Diary,

It’s me, Fertilemyrtle Rottenpile … not that anyone cares.

I’m here losing my hotness by degrees and shrinking more and more every day, longing for any small display of kindness, perhaps a dead bouquet of wilted flowers or an old banana peel, anything ... and then I find out HE IS GOING AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND! I may be stuck here decomposing in the far end of the backyard, but NOBODY puts Fertilemyrtle Rottenpile in a corner!

I don’t want to cause a stink, but I could easily hold my breath for three days, deprive myself of oxygen, and go completely anaerobic! Let’s see how he likes that! Come back from his little getaway to find me smelling like a three-day-old rabbit turd omelet!

I know it would be a rotten thing to do, and I am too well balanced to ever get that funky, even if I wanted to, but I WON’T just be IGNORED!!!!

-- FR

No comments: