Thursday, April 17, 2008

Diary of a Compost Pile - April 17

Here is another in the continuing series of diary entries by guest author Fertilemyrtle Rottenpile, the compost pile built during my Basic Compost Workshop. --- Eric

Dear Diary,

You know who it is.

I'm a little freaked out right now. I think I might be losing my hotness. My temperature today was only about 143.


I know 143 is still pretty hot, but I used to be 145! And I'm only less than a week old! How can this be happening? And I honestly think I'm beginning to shrink! I used to really fill out a bin, but look at me now. Does this bin make me look short?


Maybe I need to get some work done. I wouldn't mind being turned once in a while. But Eric doesn't even really come around at all anymore. Last night he left my lid off. What's that about? I mean, I don't want to be high maintenance, but I'm not a "no fuss" pile either!

-- FR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think she's got plenty of heat left in her... it was cooler than usual last night. Just keep 'er covered tonight and you'll see. (C'mon myrtle!) - Ralph