Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Diary of a Compost Pile - April 15

I am running another in the continuing series of diary entries by guest author Fertilemyrtle Rottenpile, the compost pile built during my Basic Compost Workshop. --- Eric

Dear Diary,

Yes, it's me again, Fertilemyrtle Rottenpile.

I am officially a hot, hot pile! My internal temperature this morning was 145 degrees! Not only am I decomposing the greens and browns I was fed when I was made, but I am cooking any pathogens and weed seeds that are in my hot, steaming middle!


I could tell Eric just wanted to tear into me. He wants to know what is going on inside --- what makes me rot. But I gave him that steamy look that only a hot pile can give --- the one that says, “Look all you want, but I’m too hot for you!”

-- FR

No comments: