Friday, February 29, 2008

Never too Old to be a Dork

I guess that in my day-to-day life I often do things that make me sort of a dork.

I was shopping at Target the other day, and Target has the best shopping carts for riding. You can stand on the back axle, and they are nice and stable, not like the ones that want to flip up in the front when your weight is on the back and dump you on your butt. Or the kind that don't even have a bar to stand on --- what's up with that?

So, I was heading back to my car with 24 rolls of toilet paper, a bottle of Draino and some Mr Clean Magic Erasers. I put one foot on the axle, gave a couple of good pushes with the other foot, then put it on the axle too. The parking lot has a gentle downward slope, and the car was at least 50 yards down the row, so I had a long straight run and picked up some really good speed! I noticed other shoppers watching me and realized what they were seeing: a man in his forties, grinning like a fool, hurtling through the Target parking lot, clinging to the back of a shopping cart. A dork.

Do you do anything dorky, or is it just me?

No comments: