Friday, February 29, 2008

McDonough, GA Restaurant Gets Surprise Marijuana Delivery

Did you see this crazy story about the restaurant that was shipped 250 pounds of weed in a dozen big buckets by mistake?

Here's the link to the original article: http://media.myfoxdc.com/myvoice/gamj.html

Here's what it says:



MCDONOUGH, Ga. (FOX 5) – Buckets and buckets of marijuana were sent to an unsuspecting woman. About 250 pounds of pot were sent from Phoenix via FedEx to the woman's family-owned restaurant in McDonough.

A dozen five gallon buckets of marijuana were recovered by authorities when the drugs were shipped via Fed Ex to the D and N Seafood and Wings restaurant in McDonough Tuesday afternoon.

"I looked down in it I thought it was like a plant because it was very green," said restaurant owner Nicole Williams.

Williams and her husband called police. Authorities said the pot was meant for the previous business at the location.

Agent Chad Rosborough with the Flint Circuit Task Force, a collection of local police working drug cases, said several suspects were already identified in this case.

Investigators said within the last three months, about 100 of the boxes filled with marijuana have been shipped to the McDonough area, and all of them have been shipped from Phoenix.

Police said some of the marijuana was sent to another private shipping business and a home.

"High end, it could be upwards to a million dollars of marijuana," said Rosborough.

Williams said the day the pot was delivered, two men in a white Suburban SUV with Arizona license plates stopped in trying to sell them cleaning supplies.

"The tags said Arizona. I wish I had gotten a tag number but unfortunately I didn't," said Derrick Williams.

A Fed Ex spokesperson in Nashville wouldn't discuss the specifics of the case. The spokesperson said Fed Ex was working with local and federal agents to find and arrest the people involved in Phoenix and the McDonough area.

I'm wondering if maybe someone had been sampling something out of one of those buckets before filling out the FedEx shipping label:

Flunky: Ok, I got this 250 pounds packaged up. Where do you want it to go?
Dealer: That one goes to 1515 North 5th street.
Flunky: Ok, five... one... five... one...
Dealer: No! It's one five one five!
Flunky: Oh, yeah! Right. One... five... uh... what?
Dealer: ONE FIVE!
Flunky: Yeah, I got that part already. One five what?

If you ever received something like this, you would definitely have to turn it in to the police, otherwise this guy might show up looking for it:


You wouldn't want to take chances, but I definitely would be tempted. Here's what I would probably do. I'd dump all the weed out of those buckets, pack it all into one-pound bags, pack the bags into cardboard boxes, tape up the boxes, and then label the boxes with FedEx labels like they came to me that way. Then I'd hide the buckets and call the cops. I'd tell them that FedEx delivered all these boxes of weed to me by mistake.

I've got no real practical use for 250 pounds of weed, but you can never have too many good buckets.

No comments: